I am currently looking for a part-time qualified Accountant to join a forward thinking church based near Birmingham city centre.
You will be reporting directly into the Board of Directors and the Operations Manager. You will be in charge of accounts preparation on a monthly basis, monitoring the cash-flow on a weekly basis and add strategic insight to how the company can perform better from its many revenue streams.
Furthermore, you will be encouraged to implement your own controls and processes in order to help the management team manage the growth effectively, improve performance, reduce costs, implement controls and generally help the business run smoothly on the whole – giving you excellent operational and commercial exposure.
Ideally, you will:
• Possess sound knowledge of basic accounting principles such as double-entry bookkeeping, management and financial accounting, cash-flow forecasting, etc.;
• Be from a SME / consultancy background, having worked in the finance department for a similar business previously;
• Be self-motivated and capable of identifying and exploiting opportunities to improve a process or implement a procedure to benefit the business (you must be able to create your own workload);
• Be an approachable and down-to-earth person, with a confident communication style (you will be advising the business owner and SMT on your recommendations and need to do so with conviction and authority).
In return, you will:
• Enjoy the responsibility of being the main point of contact for all finance / accountancy matters for the business, and working closely with the Operations Manager – advising on your recommendations for the business;
• Receive a competitive salary and rewarding benefits package;
• Get a chance to properly progress and develop your own role within the business as it continues to grow, giving you unparalleled career advancement opportunities.
This is an ideal opportunity for a confident Accountant to work in a rewarding, successful and supportive SME business in an important role.