Mitchell Adam are currently recruiting on behalf of a regional accountancy practice based in Coventry. We are looking to fill an accounts vacancy for an AAT qualified, or studying, candidate.
This is a role within an accountancy practice, so practice based experience is highly desirable for this role.
The role will involve preparing you for a career path towards becoming a qualified senior accountant within the firm. In order to help you achieve these, you will get exposure to a wide variety of clients from various sectors, including charity/not for profit, manufacturing and public sector. Full study support is also on offer, which will continue until you are fully qualified. There will be a clear progression and internal training plan in order to ensure continual development.
As the successful Accounts Junior/Semi Senior, your duties will include:
• Assisting the accounts senior in the production of statutory accounts, as well as corporate tax computations
• Taking ownership of your own portfolio of clients, this will be made up of smaller clients at first and will be built up over time as your skills develop
• There will be an opportunity to get involved in audits, if this is an area you’re interested in
• Dealing with client queries and managing client relationships
In order to be successful, you will:
• Be AAT qualified, or currently studying
• Have some previous experience of working within an accountancy practice
• Enjoy building relationships with colleagues, getting involved in office banter, and contributing to the positive atmosphere in the office
The salary for this Accounts job will be £18,000-£22,000, negotiable, depending on experience. Please apply now to find out more.