A young and innovative business based in Birmingham City Centre is looking for an accounts assistant to join its small accounts team to support the Finance Manager and Management Accountant. The company has seen an rapid increase in business growth hence the reason they are requiring someone to assist with the workload. You will be responsible for the purchase and sales ledger with an element of credit control involved as well. There may be occasions when you will need to assist with month end processes and payroll. The role is initially a temporary contract with a view to go permanent depending on performance.
Ideally, you will:
- Be working towards or already completed AAT
- Have a keen interest for accounts and be able to pick things up quickly
- Have a good instinct for figures and good attention to detail as this role requires the highest level of accuracy
- Posses an excellent telephone manner and be able to build relationships with colleagues and customers
In Return, you will:
- Have the opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Gain full support and work closely with the Finance Manager, which will offer you good experience and help broaden your knowledge
- Work in a centrally located office with easy transport links
This role is ideal for anyone that is looking to further their career in an accounts position. You will be provided with training on any areas you need to develop, so this would be an ideal opportunity to enhance your skills.