Due to further growth and the acquisition of new business, a leading company is looking for an Assistant Accountant to join the team. This role will give you the opportunity to make your mark within one of Birmingham’s largest organisations – a company that looks to invest time into its employees and reward its hardest workers.
This will be a fast-paced role within an established company where you need to be able to deal with a varied workload and adhere to tight deadlines. The Assistant Accountant position will be available for candidates that have prior experience in assisting with monthly management accounts and are able to respond efficiently to the needs of external clients and senior colleagues. The successful applicant will need to have a base knowledge of management accounts, as they will be tasked with taking on a larger piece of the month end and annual process through analysis and budget setting.
Ideally you will:
• Have started your studies in either ACCA or CIMA respectively
• Be comfortable building a strong rapport with both clients and other senior stakeholders
• Have prior experience being involved the management accounts process in particular preparing monthly and quarterly reports
• Be highly organised and capable of prioritising a diverse work load with a keen eye for detail
In return you will:
• Gain experience working within one of the UK’s most established growing businesses
• Be given the responsibility to manage your own workload and be encouraged to further your knowledge and progression
• Work in a fast paced motivated and like minded team in a positive business environment working alongside qualified accountants and exposed to further high end accounts
• Report directly to the Finance Manager
This Assistant Accountant position is the chance to broaden your future career prospects working in a diverse role. You will be exposed to meeting and liaising with senior members of staff and clients a like in a corporate business setting. If you are a resilient individual who has the relevant skill set and the experience, please apply.