This international wholesale business just outside of Solihull requires interim support for their commercial team to help them through a period of internal change. The role will involve 2 days travel per week, looking after the South-West region.
This role will see you provide meaningful strategic support to the commercial and operational teams for the business to facilitate better decision-making. You will provide in-depth analysis of sales performance, helping your audience to understand the drivers behind identified trends and thus adequately inform decisions on future sales strategy. You will also provide similar types of decision support on how best to incentivise desired sales performance / behaviours based on trends from your analysis, driving change where required at different levels right across the business. In all instances, you will need to be able to gain buy-in quickly, challenge people appropriately and be strong enough (and tactful enough!) to push your agenda for the overall benefit of the business.
Ideally, you will:
• Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with demonstrable post-qualified experience in a similar commercial finance role – ideally within a large wholesale (or similar) business
• Have extensive experience of providing financial support of a commercial nature to non-finance people – effectively managing these relationships for the benefit of the business (understanding the importance of challenging and ‘pushing back’ when needed)
• Possess excellent analysis skills, enabling you to quickly extrapolate insightful trends and patterns for large amounts of raw sales & performance data
• Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
In return, you will:
• Work in a senior capacity for growing & commercially focussed business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role – organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects
• Build your commercial & business acumen by directly supporting decisions at the front end of this fast-paced business
• Work with several high-profile commercial people (both in finance and non-finance) to help you build your overall experience / profile
This commercially focussed senior finance role is a great position for a talented, commercial, qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in a large, growing and ambitious business.