Mitchell Adam are working with an international FTSE listed business to help them identify and appoint a confident, positive and ambitious Commercial Finance Manager to support the Finance Director of a prestigious business unit.
Based predominantly in offices in Solihull, this role will involve complete ownership of the p&l of several high profile customer contracts in the UK. Working very closely with the Director and managing a team of 10, you will first and foremost support the SMT in all commercial matters relating to customer contract operations, to include contract reviews / renewals, translation & implementation of strategic direction, project management, driving constant efficiency improvements from an operational level right up to a strategic level, etc. You will also be a key contact for customers, ensuring that the relationship with senior people at the customer side is commercially healthy and mutually beneficial (you will be an escalation point for contract delivery issues and will be expected to address / solve disputes skilfully).
Seen as a key strategic role in a high-profile business unit, this job will give you visibility in a global organisation. Coupled with the commercial, operational and strategic nature of the role it is going to give you the ideal skillset to be competing for Director level roles in the near future.
Ideally, you will:
• Be a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant with examples of your ability to meaningfully contribute to the commercial success (and strategic direction) of business
• Have experience of working at a management level in another logistics business, or warehouse & distribution operations of a retail (or similar) organisation
• Have the confidence and presence to make a tangible difference, and make an impact in an already busy and fast-paced business unit
• Be a talented communicator with the ability to build new relationships, improve existing relationships and rescue floundering relationships with equal levels of skill and tact
• Class yourself more as a business person (with a commercial view on things) than an accountant (with a technical view on things) – though both approaches will be needed at times
• Be ambitious, hungry, driven, energised and confident – helping you to exploit career development opportunities in the future as well as providing a influential impact on the business unit (and being a positive role model for your team and peers)
In return, you will:
• Step up into a role with a genuine commercial and strategic remit, allowing you to make an impact / add value quickly without the confining restraints of endless / needless procedure
• Enjoy opportunities to develop your career with this globally successful business (after notable success in this role)
• Take on a role that will equip you with all the tools you’ll need to become an effective FD in the future, building your commercial acumen and your exposure to influencing / making strategic decisions to guide a business
• Join a fast-paced business unit in a successful global business and work with like-minded peers who will help you achieve success, growth and development
A great opportunity for a talented finance manager with good retail experience to really take their career to the next level in a global organisation.