This emergent and successful manifesting business in the outskirts of Birmingham is looking to appoint a confident Company Accountant to help them manage their continued growth, and implement all the necessary controls required to help the business cope accordingly on a part-time basis.
You will be reporting directly to the Finance Director of this high-growth business. You will also provide information regarding the cash-flow and forecasting (to allow strategic decisions to be made with more informed knowledge), as well as introducing a more robust budgeting process going forward.
Furthermore, you will be encouraged to implement your own controls and processes in order to help the owner and management team manage the growth effectively, improve performance, reduce costs, implement controls and generally help the business run smoothly on the whole – giving you excellent operational and commercial exposure to an exciting, flourishing business.
Ideally, you will:
• Be a qualified Accountant who is looking for a part-time position (22-25 hours per week)
• Be from a manufacturing background, having worked in the finance department for a similar business previously
• Be self-motivated and capable of identifying and exploiting opportunities to improve a process or implement a procedure to benefit the business (you must be able to create your own workload)
• Be an approachable and down-to-earth person, with a confident communication style (you will be advising the Finance Director and SMT on your recommendations and need to do so with conviction and authority)
In return, you will:
• Work in a young, emergent, high-growth business in a friendly, flexible, open and supportive working environment
• Enjoy the responsibility of being the main point of contact for all finance / accountancy matters for the business, and working closely with the FD – advising on your recommendations for the business
• Receive a competitive salary and rewarding benefits package
• Get a chance to properly progress and develop your own role within the business as it continues to grow, giving you unparalleled career advancement opportunities
This is an ideal opportunity for a confident Company Accountant to work in a rewarding, successful and supportive SME business in an important role – giving you real autonomy in managing the entire finance function for the FD.