A leading business is looking to appoint a new Finance Business Partner to strengthen its central Birmingham operations team.
Taking ownership for a portfolio of high-profile projects, this role will see you providing sound financial reporting, financial analysis and business-partnering to senior project managers throughout the entire lifecycle of projects (including investment proposal stage), helping to guide effective decision-making and improved controls for each project.
Providing accurate and insightful strategic financial information for several senior operational and project managers (both internally and externally with contractors), you will assume a key role in the finance department – affording great opportunities for career development.
Ideally, you will:
• Have demonstrable organisation skills, allowing you to easily balance concurrent projects and a busy workload, effectively prioritising duties for the benefit of the business
• Have proven experience of providing financial support of a commercial & operational nature across different projects, preferably with experience of project accounting all stages of the project cycle
• Demonstrate experience of providing insightful financial analysis & modelling appropriate for investment appraisals / funding requests
• Be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a confident communication style, preferably having had exposure to dealing with senior managers (non-finance) in order to influence them to embrace recommended improvements to controls, and obtain key information to tight timescales.
In return, you will:
• Join a large and fast-paced organisation that will provide genuine opportunities to advance your career in a short space of time
• Gain exposure to a varied portfolio of high-profile projects, giving you great operational and commercial experience in a large business
• Receive a leading benefits package and a competitive base salary that is regularly reviewed to reflect performance.
A great opportunity for a proven Finance Business Partner to join a large and successful business, sharpen their commercial acumen on a range of high-profile projects and enjoy fantastic career development opportunities as a result.