I am currently partnered with a fast growing telecommunications company based near Leicester who are looking to bring on board an experienced Head of Finance for initially a 3 month contract. You will be closely partnered with the Managing Director and Board of Directors, tasked with helping drive business performance along with establishing what the business needs to do to achieve their future goals. As mentioned, this is initially a 3 month contract but will have the capacity to go permanent if they carry on at their current rate of growth.
The role itself will require a hands-on Head of Finance who ideally has had experience within the SME market before, preferably working in either the telecommunications or private equity sector.
Ideally, you will:
• Be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) with experience of a similar all-round role including partnering with banks, reviewing company spend, looking at a new premises to facilitate growth etc.
• Be driven, ambitious and motivated with strong organisational skills and initiative (allowing you to create your own workload, and develop your role as the business grows);
• Be an approachable and down-to-earth person, with a confident communication style (you will be advising the business owner and board on your recommendations, and need to do so with conviction and authority);
• Direct experience of managing and growing a small business would be a real advantage, however you will certainly need to possess the drive, ambition, attitude and desire to make success of such an enterprise.
In return, you will:
• Work in an high-growth, established and successful SME business, in a friendly, flexible, open and supportive working environment;
• Gain commercial and operational finance experience working closely with the MD – advising on your recommendations to improve the performance of the business and the strategic direction of the company;
• Increase and improve your operational exposure and all round business acumen as a leader of this growing business.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Head of Finance to improve business performance, change the finance function and have direct exposure to key decisions in the business.