A fantastic and unique opportunity is now available for an Accountant based in Stafford to head up the financial function for an up and coming SME business. Due to a recent Merger a Finance Manager is needed to oversee a £4 million turnover business where you will report directly to the CFO of the parent group down in London. In this role you will have the capability of making strategic decisions for the business based in Stafford and be offered a terrific chance to work for a company where you will be a pivotal member of the organisation – Building up a finance team and implementing new systems and processes along the way.
This position would be well suited to an outgoing and experienced Finance Manager / Accountant who has a strong hold of producing management reporting, statutory accounts, budgeting, forecasting and overseeing cashflow. However, to begin with you will also be tasked with managing junior tasks such as AP and Credit Control before bringing in a junior team in time to take on these tasks. You will need to be a well-rounded professional who is ambitious and up for a challenge but happy to roll up their sleeves where needs be.
There is also fantastic scope for progression to work on Group Level projects and plans in place to promote you to become Group Financial Controller within 5 years.
Ideally you will:
• Be a Finance Manager or experienced all round Accountant capable of taking on high level reporting and statutory accounts but happy to roll up your sleeves and take on junior elements of the role
• Have experience of working in a similar position being the main point of contact for finance in a standalone position and manging your own workload
• Have implemented new accounting software, ideally XERO would be beneficial but this accounting package is not an absolute must
• Be an outgoing and ambitious individual capable of liaising with stakeholders at all levels of business both in and out of finance
In return you will:
• Receive a unique opportunity in essence to be running your own business looking into strategical performance and the best way to improve not only finance but the company itself
• Have the chance to grow the Stafford based business but also work on group level projects with a clear route of progression to Group Financial Controller
• Although a standalone position within the finance department you will be surrounded by outgoing sales and marketing professionals in a bubbly working environment
• Report directly to an outgoing ACA qualified CFO in London who will travel once a week to Stafford for any support needed
This is a unique position available on the market to most out there for an experienced and ambitious Finance Manager / Accountant. If you are interested in this role and would like to find out more, please apply as this vacancy won’t be around for long.