Our client is a highly successful retail company with an international presence. They are now searching for an ambitious and technically strong Financial Controller to be based out of their office in North Birmingham. In this diverse role you will report to the Finance Director, providing strategic support to Operation Directors through analysis of business performance, taking ownership of production of Board reports and Group accounts for Audit and also management of a small team. They are a highly successful business and committed to continued growth, as such they can offer a stable environment with a long term career development plan within the organisation.
Ideally you will:
• Be Qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA with post qualification gained within a retail / FMCG environment
• Have confidence in your ability to work with Operation Directors, analysing business performance, providing advice, strategic recommendation and challenge
• Demonstrate excellent technical skills in production of financial statements and preparation of corporate tax returns
• Enjoy staff management, motivating and developing a mixed team that includes qualified and part qualified staff
In return you will receive:
• The opportunity to work at board level in a highly prestigious retail provider with an international presence. You will analyse performance and have strategic input to the business.
• Excellent long term career prospects, the role is seen as key to the on-going success of the business and will provide a path to a senior management role over time
• The stability of working in a long established, highly reputable firm with ambitions to continue sustainable growth in the UK
This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious and self motivated qualified Financial Controller to secure a role that will make use of technical skills whilst improving commercial acumen. The long term prospects make this a highly desirable position.