I am currently working with a growing construction company based near Worcester who are looking to recruit a newly created position within their finance team. This position is for an energetic, experienced and commercially focussed Financial Controller to work alongside the Finance Director assisting to improve profitability and size of the business further.
Ideally you will;
• Be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified, ideally previously working within a construction company with a good understanding of a finance function from top to bottom
• Be able to work closely with the Finance Director in thinking of strategic ways to help grow the business and finance department
• Be able to complete management accounts on a monthly basis to talk through with senior members of the company inclusive of further analysis to how you believe costs can be saved going forward
• Be able to work on your own initiative with a proactive approach towards resolving any issues within any aspect of your job role
In return you will;
• Have the opportunity to take the job on as your own, adding real value to the company using your commercial mind-set
• Gain valuable experience within a wide, varied role exploring all aspects of Accountancy
• Work for a company that is striving to advance and expand within their market offering a long-term position for the right person
• Be able to work within a friendly, close-nit environment working with people who have different ranges of skills
This specific role would be suitable for a Financial Controller who is looking for a commercial role within a family run business. You will have a good amount of autonomy and rewarded as the company grows into a market leader in further years to come.