I am currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant to implement an improved reporting structure across the entire group. The reporting structure is still in its formative state (as is the business), so someone dedicated to applying better commerciality, increased depth and more focus to reporting will be massively helpful. It will help give the board much more detailed and accurate information with which to make better informed strategic decisions which you will be instrumental in helping to carry out.
The role will involve getting an in-depth understanding of operations, understanding the limitations of the current reporting suite and identifying areas of the business that could do with more focus. You’ll have to try and understand what is important to them, what they care about and what will motivate them. You’ll then build a reporting pack that will not only be a tool to drive improved performance at plant level, but will also give better insight to the board regarding plant performance. You’ll sort of be a crucial link between finance and operations.
What you’ll need:
• A professional qualification (either ACCA, ACA or CIMA) with a bit of post-qualified experience in something of a similar role (i.e. improving financial reporting, working with non-finance people, etc.)
• Great communication skills. You’ll need to master the art of building strong relationships with non-finance people at all levels, whilst retaining the ability to exert influence when needed
• The desire to develop and progress your skills and career. Your drive and ambition will be crucial tools in accomplishing success and notable achievements in your role – and in helping the business complete the next stage of their growth strategy
• Some existing achievements that demonstrate your ability to add value to the reporting process, ideally within a retail business
What you’ll get:
• A genuine chance to really develop your skills and experience, shaping the rest of your career
• A great starting salary. You’ll be well rewarded for your own successes as well as those of this remarkable business
• An exciting, challenging, interesting role in a unique, emergent, ambitious business. Not to mention brilliant career development opportunities.