This fast-paced, FTSE listed services business in North Birmingham are looking to strengthen their Financial Accounts team with the appointment of a new Group Accountant.
This role will see you assume responsibility of financial reporting for a group of subsidiary businesses, preparing statutory accounts as well as providing insightful financial analysis relating to group performance to the commercial team and operational managers.
Assisting the Head of Financial Reporting and slotting into a growing accounts department, your focus will be on helping to add value to the business and improve current processes as well as providing accurate and timely financial reporting – making this opportunity more commercially-focussed than a large majority of financial accounting positions.
Ideally, you will:
• Have excellent technical financial accounting skills with a background of working either in the audit department of a large practice, or in a group financial accounts department of a large business;
• Be recently qualified (ACCA or ACA) and looking for a genuine opportunity to advance, progress and develop your career in a large forward-thinking business;
• Have tangible drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help you drive forwards in this business and contribute to your own career development;
• Demonstrate an interest in, and a talent for, the commercial side of business – understanding how your role can impact on the wider business as a whole and vice-versa.
In return, you will:
• Work in a very large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are genuine);
• Gain exposure to the commercial operations of a business in a financial accounting department that are proud of their unique approach towards actually adding value to the business;
• Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
• Become an important part of the financial accounting team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction;
• Enjoy a good level of autonomy in your role, where you are being encouraged to initiate projects and initiatives to help improve process, procedures and reports in your area.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Group Financial Accountant to contribute in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business – enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.