This emergent and successful technological business in south Birmingham is currently seeking a confident Head of Finance to assume responsibility of managing a growing finance department, and facilitate even further growth.
Reporting directly to the MD of the business in a number 1 finance role and leading a finance team of 4, you will oversee month-end accounting, financial accounting and management accounts, VAT returns and financial reporting via effective management of your finance team. Furthermore, you will be tasked with the provision of business intelligence, financial information, commercial insight and meaningful management reports to the MD – informing him of the financial position of the business at any given time, and allowing the senior management team to make informed strategic decisions to shape the long-term future of the business. Your input will be critical to the delivery of the business’ 3-year plan – you will business partner the entire senior management team in providing sound strategic direction, guiding the business through a crucial phase of growth.
You will also be encouraged to implement efficient controls and procedures to ensure the improvement of accuracy and processes in the finance team, as well as training and developing your team and collaborating closely with the management team of the entire business.
Ideally, you will:
• Be an experienced senior finance professional with all round experience, ideally having worked in a similar capacity for another SME or growing business (ideally ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified);
• Be a commercially-minded person with an analytical nature;
• Demonstrate examples of your ability to extrapolate useful insights and commercial patterns designed to contribute to a business at a strategic level;
• Be a natural communicator, comfortable when liaising with, business-partnering and influencing people at a senior level.
In return, you will:
• Work in an exciting, progressive and fast-paced business;
• Enjoy a broad role that will help build your commercial acumen;
• Have a real influence on the strategic decisions and resulting performance / success of an entire division of this global group;
• Get a chance to progress and develop your role within the business as it continues to grow.
This is an ideal opportunity for a confident qualified accountant to work in a rewarding, successful and supportive SME business in an important role – giving you autonomy, commercial exposure and strategic input.