Mitchell Adam is working in partnership with a high profile, successful, Midlands based care home business who due to expansion are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to come on board. The Managing Director has ambitious plans, however is looking to retain the quality of service provided in each care home.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the delivery of timely financial information and strategic advice to the Managing Director and Executive Board. The monthly accounts, payroll and audit is currently outsourced at the moment, so a key part of this role would be establishing the best way to integrate an internal finance function going forward to cater for future growth. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Senior Management Team, acting as a business partner to the MD and ensuring that all business decisions, new ventures and projects are financially sound.
Ideally you will be:
• A qualified accountant (ACMA/ACA/ACCA) with several years’ post qualification experience gained within a growing business
• Able to demonstrate a track record in providing challenge to the Senior Management team, giving clear strategic input based on sound financial and commercial analysis
• Confident in ensuring compliance with all statutory reporting requirements for the business
• Looking to lead a team and a finance function within a small but fast-paced and ambitious business
In return you will receive:
• An incredibly varied role, you will be involved in all aspects of running this successful business, acting as partner and advisor to the MD and Board
• A lead role in the development of the 5 year strategic plan, identifying further opportunities for future diversification and growth
• Freedom to restructure and develop the existing finance function to improve control and efficiency
This position represents an outstanding opportunity for a commercially minded qualified accountant to have a real impact on the future development of a high profile UK business. The opportunity is here to forge a long term career into a Finance Director level position.