A fantastic opportunity is now available for a position based in South Birmingham for an experienced cost/management accountant within a growing family ran SME business. This position will be highly focussed towards producing the full management accounts including budgeting and forecasting, dealing with complex costing and foreign currencies. You will report directly to the MD in a position where you will look to further improve the overall financial procedure and business strategy within the company. A manufacturing background is essential for this position as well as being a strong user of Excel and Sage.
This Cost/Management Accountant vacancy is the perfect opportunity to showcase your talent and have a say on how the business moves forward in a high profile role. You will be highly involved in a variety of cost based projects and be a pivotal member in improving costing through analysis. This position will allow you to manage a small transactional finance team and give you the platform to grow into a Finance Director within the next 5 years.
Ideally, you will:
• Have worked within the manufacturing sector, with experience of cost accounting and monthly management accounts
• Be a hardworking and forward thinking individual who has a proven track record of making significant improvements within the finance team
• Be a qualified Accountant through CIMA/ACCA or at Finalist level
• Have a strong hold of Excel being able to manipulate large sums of data and must have experience of Sage
In return, you will:
• Be encouraged to develop your role by providing continuous improvements to procedures, systems and processes
• Further enhance your career prospects being an integral part of not only finance but the business as a whole
• Be part of an organisation that values individuals who think outside the box and put ideas forward in a tight-knit enjoyable working environment
• Report directly to the Managing Director with scope to becoming Finance Director within the next 5 years
This Cost/Management Accountant vacancy is a high profile role within the finance team where you will be expected to give your views and ideas into how to further improve. If you have the relevant skills and experience and feel like this job is for you, please apply.