Are you proud of your extensive experience as a sales ledger supervisor and looking for the next challenge? Are you looking to take your level of expertise to a new opportunity that has arisen in a solid, stable company? If yes, then this is a golden opportunity to get your foot into a well-established business.
The successful candidate will need to ensure that the sales ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (month end, reporting and subs timelines) are met.
To maintain and improve internal controls in respect to the sales ledger function, to mitigate risk to the organisation by managing a senior sales ledger assistant and four sales ledger assistants.
Maintain the integrity of the ledger, by evaluating the risks and opportunities on a regular basis.
Please note that this role will initially be based in Coventry, though will re-locate to Birmingham end of March/early April 2018.
Areas of accountability and responsibility:
• Day to day supervision and management of sales ledger staff, with 6 monthly appraisals, and monthly 1-1’s
• Production of schedules for monthly reports (KPI’s) and report credit/debit balances (opportunities/risks) resolve accordingly
• To ensure all streams of revenue receipts to be captured and processed (i.e. BACS, Cheques, Worldpay (Cybersource or equivalent)
• Allocation of payments to support efficient cash flow
• Control DD collection runs to ensure adheres to collection timelines and efficient cash flow
• Manage the Corporate Payment Scheme and maintain collection within set performance criteria
• Ensure all sales invoices, credit notes and payments are properly coded and authorised per the relevant published procedures and authorities
• Liaise with customers and originating departments to resolve queries and disputes
• Investigation and resolution of bank reconciliation items originating in sales ledger transactions
• Resolution of outstanding sales ledger control account variances
• Deputise in the absence of other staff to contribute to the achievement of the Institution’s customer care standards
Ideally, you will:
• Sound understanding of double-entry book-keeping and operation of ledgers (ideally AAT qualified or qualified by experience)
• Specific knowledge of Dynamics AX (Accounting system)
• Knowledge and experience of working in a controlled environment
• Ability to communicate (written/verbal) with key stakeholders, members of staff and customers
• In depth understanding of sales ledger, general ledger
• Use of Microsoft Office software
• Understanding of VAT as it applies to the RICS and its subsidiaries
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to supervise and motivate staff
• In return, you will:
• Be welcomed into a fun and lively, yet warm and supportive finance function
• Have access to full company benefits and perks
• Be given the opportunity to work within a well-known business with a brilliant reputation on the market
• Have the ability to train and supervise likeminded individuals
• If you have extensive accounts receivable experience, do not hesitate to apply.
• Such a secure role within a solid and stable workforce does not come about often.
If this could possibly be the role for you, please click apply now.