This fast-paced, household name national services business in North Birmingham are looking to strengthen their Financial Accounts team with the appointment of a newly created position as a Senior Financial Accountant.
This role will see you assume responsibility of financial reporting for a group of subsidiary businesses, preparing statutory accounts as well as providing insightful financial analysis relating to group performance to the commercial team and operational managers. You will have a dotted line reporting into the Head of Tax, tax experience is a necessity.
Assisting the Financial Controller and slotting into a growing accounts department, your focus will be on helping to add value to the business and improve current processes as well as providing accurate and timely financial reporting – making this opportunity more commercially-focussed than a large majority of financial accounting positions.
Ideally, you will:
• Have excellent technical financial accounting skills with a background of working either in the audit department of a mid-tier practice, or in a group financial accounts department of a large business;
• Be recently qualified (ACCA or ACA) and looking for a genuine opportunity to advance, progress and develop your career in a large forward-thinking business;
• Have tangible drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help you drive forwards in this business and contribute to your own career development;
• Demonstrate an interest in, and a talent for, the commercial side of business – understanding how your role can impact on the wider business as a whole and vice-versa.
In return, you will:
• Work in a very large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are genuine);
• Gain exposure to the commercial operations of a business in a financial accounting department that are proud of their unique approach towards actually adding value to the business;
• Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
• Become an important part of the financial accounting team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction;
• Enjoy a good level of autonomy in your role, where you are being encouraged to initiate projects and initiatives to help improve process, procedures and reports in your area.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Accountant to contribute in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business – enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.