This successful global services business is looking to appoint a new Senior Management Accountant to strengthen the head-office based UK Management Accounting team. You will take accountability for producing accurate management information and financial reports, and will support the sales team with insightful financial analysis to aid and influence operational decision making.
You will also provide consolidated management accounts, manage a team, continually develop and improve reporting to suit the requirements of the business & the senior management team, provide regular commercial recommendations based on your expert analysis and support the FP&A team in the annual budgeting & forecasting process.
A great opportunity to make a tangible impact on the performance of the business (via effective relationships with budget holders and insightful commercial recommendations based on your analysis of key financial factors).
Ideally, you will:
• Be a recently qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with demonstrable experience of producing management accounts / reports / analysis in a commercial environment;
• Have a strong background as a management accountant, allowing you to efficiently improve reporting / processes and make intelligent and meaningful recommendations to budget holders;
• Have exposure to providing financial support to non-finance people, with proven experience of provision of insightful and detailed finance analysis;
• Possess strong excel skills allowing for quick and efficient interpretation of complex data sets (SAP experience would also be an advantage);
• Have excellent attention to detail, exceptional communication skills and a strong personality (the ability to influence / control internal and external people to maintain workflow and gain required information to meet deadlines is an essential part of the role).
In return, you will:
• Work in a senior capacity for very large international business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role;
• Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of helping to increase margins and profitability in your business area;
• Enjoy genuine opportunities to advance and progress your career in a successful, growing and highly commercial business.
This operationally-focussed senior finance role is a great position for a commercially aware qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment that will reward this type of success with clear progression opportunities.