This global manufacturing business is looking to appoint a new Financial Controller to oversee the operations of one its plants in North Birmingham.
As number 1 finance person on site, you will make up part of the SMT of this plant and be heavily involved in the decisions and direction of this operation. Managing a finance team and working in partnership with the Site Director, you will take complete ownership for all management & financial reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis (including KPIs) for ultimate inclusion into the group reports. You will also be responsible for coordinating and managing the budgeting process, and regular reforecasting as well as financial planning.
As well as controlling, you will take ownership for driving efficiency improvements right across the business unit including financial reporting and controls processes, manufacturing processes and operational processes – building effective relationships with stakeholders to ensure your advice and guidance is taken on board and implemented in this regard. Your input into guiding the strategic direction and overall operational success of this plant will be crucial.
You will also be a vehicle for delivering high-level strategic objectives out to the local management team, through strong business-partnering and coaching / support.
Ideally, you will:
• Be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) with post-qualified experience as a Financial Controller covering a broad spectrum (including financial analysis, controls, operational finance, commercial finance, business partnering, financial reporting, etc.)
• Have worked in the finance function of a manufacturing or FMCG businesses previously
• Demonstrate instances in which you have provided support of a financial nature to non-finance business in order to effect change & improvement to processes and controls, as well as exerting influence to encourage desired behaviours and decisions
• Have strong leaderships skills with the ability to inspire and motivate people around you
In return, you will:
• Work for a successful and innovative global group that actively encourage staff development as one of its key business values
• Have direct exposure to supporting, driving and making key commercial and operational decisions that will drive the continued growth, efficiency and success of this plant
• Enjoy a very broad and varied role, ensuring that you keep your technical skills sharp whilst enjoying the business side of finance too
• Receive excellent benefits and a market-leading salary
This is an ideal opportunity for any driven Financial Controllers to enjoy a broad role in a global business, with the ability to have a real influence on the direction and success of a key business unit.