This successful, established and fast-paced national distribution business in North Birmingham are looking to strengthen their Financial Accounts team with the appointment of a new Tax Accountant. This role will see you assume responsibility for the company’s complex corporate tax affairs including submission of corporate tax computation, maintain a good relationship with HMRC, all VAT returns and queries for the UK, payroll taxes and general tax compliance work. There will also be a great opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to other areas such as statutory accounts preparation, fixed asset reporting, etc. Finally, you will enjoy ownership of identifying relevant opportunities to improve business processes and implementing your recommendations via ad-hoc projects for the overall benefit of your business unit.
Ideally, you will:
- Have excellent technical tax skills with up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, experience of preparing tax computations and VAT returns – all of which will help you to become adept at dealing with a wide variety of different tax queries from inside & outside the business;
- Demonstrate great analytical skills with the ability to submit highly accurate work of the highest quality to tight deadlines;
- Have extensive experience of dealing with HMRC and all related issues and queries;
- Have tangible drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help you drive forwards in this business and contribute to your own career development.
In return, you will:
- Work in a large, proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are genuine);
- Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
- Become an important part of the management team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Tax Accountant to work at a senior level in a large, successful and forward-thinking national business – enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.